About WICKED WHITE
After his mother dies, rock star Ace White—lead singer of the red-hot band Wicked White—is done with the celebrity game. The phony people, the meaningless one-night stands: he doesn’t want any of it anymore. Quitting in the middle of a sold-out tour, Ace sets out to find some place—any place—where he can be alone.
Aspiring singer Iris Easton’s life has never been easy. First, her mother walked out on her when she was a kid. Now she’s buried in debt, weeks after losing her beloved grandmother. When a mysterious and sexy new guy moves in next door, Iris can’t help but be drawn to his soulful gaze. She can tell there’s something from his past haunting him—something he’s not telling her.
Just as Ace starts falling for Iris, the media go on a worldwide hunt to find the missing rocker. Will true love conquer all, or will the truth be the very thing that tears the couple apart?
Amazon | Barnes and Noble
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish this weeks topic is about the tv shows or movies that we love. I was excited for this topic because if you follow me on Twitter than you know what a tv junkie I am. I could probably read double what I do if I cut it out but I just can’t as I love the escapism of it. There are so many shows that I can list so instead I decide to talk about the tv shows I binge watched. These are the shows that I discovered after their original run date or after they were a few seasons in already and shows that once I started I couldn’t stop watching, that I’d think about cancelling on friends in order to watch more…the shows that kept me up late because I need to watch just one more episode. These are the shows that once I reach the final episode I just want to curl up into a ball in the corner and weep.
Ok…so maybe not as drastic as all that but you get the point these shows were like crack for me and for some of my friends as well. So if you haven’t watched any then you should check them out. And if there are any shows you’ve binged on then be sure to let me know in the comments!
1) The Walking Dead – I always thought that I’d be too much of a wimp for this one but then once once a few of my friends started to watch and after they admitted that they were wimps too well…I had to give it a try then. I didn’t think I’d make it past the first episode but once I did I was hooked and I haven’t looked back once.
2) Scandal – This was another show that I wasn’t entirely sure about at first but then I gave it a shot during its season 3 mid-winter break and I couldn’t stop watching. It was just so addicting! I can’t wait to see what Season 4 will bring.
3) Dance Academy – My heart still aches too much to talk about this one. Oh how I loved this show like crazy. 3 seasons wasn’t enough. *sobs*
4) House of Cards – Frank Underwood scares the crap out of me and this show is so addicting. This is a whole different side to Washington than is portrayed in Scandal.
5) Teen Wolf – I don’t watch MTV and I am not a fan of werewolves. I seriously don’t like werewolves so when I tell you that I love this show then you should know that really means something. This show is crack in its purest form.
6) The Good Wife – This is another show that I wasn’t sure that I would like initially but I took a chance on it and just loved it. All the characters and the story lines just reel me in. I really really really want the newest season to become available for streaming on Prime….I know bad things happen and I am fearful for what they might be. Ok…one of them I know(ish) but I am in denial until I see if for myself.
7) The Glades – Effing TNT for effing cancelling this show before they effing clear up how that last season ended. Gah!!! Loved the cast of this one and the humor and just everything about it. *sobs*
8) MI-5 – This show is such a wild ride and one where you can’t get attached to any character because no one is safe and yet at the same time you can’t help it. Which means every episode has the potential to rip your heart out and have it stomped on. But oh its so very good.
9) Friday Night Lights – Clear hearts…full hearts…Can’t Lose. There are no words how awesome this show is to understand it you need to go and visit Dillan, Texas and hang out with Coach Taylor and the gang and it won’t be long until you understand.
10) Flashpoint – Each episode is filled with humor and heart and I just whipped through them all. Great show and I am sad that it ended before I discovered it.