|Suzanne Collins and I in 2010|
My name is Gail although many people know me as Irish based on my preferred screen name of Irisheyz77. I started Ticket to Anywhere in June of 2007 as a way for me to express my thoughts on the books I’ve read. Blogging has been an invaluable tool in helping me to better remember not just what I’ve read but what I thought about a particular book after reading it. I was blogging quietly for about a year before really starting to become active in the book blogging community and its a choice that I am so glad that I made as I’ve come across so many wonderful blogs and have met so many amazing people who share my interests. When not blogging I work as a Quality Assurance Specialist in the biotechnology/medical device industry. I currently live in Central Massachusetts. I read, shop, watch tv, craft, hang out with friends and do all the normal things that people do.My Book Blogging Resume:
- Operator of Ticket to Anywhere since June 2007
- Book Blogger Conference Attendee for 2010, 2011, and 2012
- Book Expo America Attendee for 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 (Power Reader Day), and 2014
- American Library Association Midwinter Conference Attendee 2010
- American Library Association Annual Conference Attendee 2013
- NEIBA Fall Conference Attendee 2010, 2012 and 2013
- Amazon Vine Participant
- Over 2100 Twitter followers
- Purchased my blog’s URL in July 2010, previously http://tickettoanywhere.blogspot.com
Where can I be found on the Interwebs?
I am an eclectic reader but I do seem to go through phases of preferring certain types of books over others. The genres that I read the most are (in no particular order):
- Young Adult/New Adult/Adult – contemporary, historical, paranormal, (witches, magic, vampires, etc) fantasty, sci-fi, dystopian, fairy tale retellings, coming of age, etc. Pretty much anything goes here though I am not really into books about werewolves.
- Middle Grade – I don’t read a lot of middle grade but see above for genres that would be of interest for this age group.
- Science-Fiction – I enjoy a good futuristic or science based book.
- Fantasy – Urban, Paranormal, High, et al.
- Romance/Erotica – Historical and Contemporary
- Non-Fiction – Preference goes to books that deal with 1940s/WWII, Middle Ages, the 1920’s, astronomy/space age or science based books
- Biographies/Memoirs – Political leaders, famous literary people, astronauts/space age pioneers, et al.
- Mystery – I love a good mystery especially those that are forensic/science based. Nothing to gory/scary please.
- Historical – love books that take place in the middle ages, Renaissance, 1940s/war years, 1920s, et al.
- Graphic Novels/Manga – a genre that is fairly new to me so open to all while I learn what I like and don’t like.
- Dual Time Period – love books that have connecting stories in two different time periods
- Multiple Points of View (POV) – another style of story telling that I really enjoy
- Self Published/Indie – Opening up to limited submissions based on the categories mentioned above. (Click here for a list of bloggers who accept Self Published titles on a regular basis)
I prefer to read a series in order. If when pitching a book in the middle of a series if you could also provide the books that came before I would appreciate it. If not then please allow time for me to obtain the books and read them. Although I will most likely turn down a pitch if the book is far into the series.
- Self-Help – I’ve tried to read this genre several times and its just not for me
- Picture Books – I don’t have any small children so can’t really give an accurate review. Any picture books received will be donated to my local library or my niece.
- Horror – accepting on a limited, case by case basis
- Business/Marketing books
- Cook Books
- Sports (with the exception of sport themed romances)
- Novels in verse.
- Cancer books