Last month I read an amazing book called WORDS IN DEEP BLUE by Cath Crowley which is about so many different things that its hard to describe it in words. Throughout my read of it though I fell in love with the Letter Library. This was a section of the bookstore where the main characters worked that shelved books that we not for sale. They could be read and they were and as they were read people added notes in the margins, highlighted favorite passages, and even left letters tucked in the pages. I loved this idea and wish that a letter library existed in a bookstore near me. It also got me to thinking that maybe I start a version of it with some of my favorite people….you.
The “rules” of this exchange are as follows:
- Fill out the form below
- Choose a book that you love, or one that you have wanted to read, and mark it up with your own notes throughout.
- When done with the book write a letter to tuck in the pages.
- This letter can be to the next person who reads the book, to a character, or to a stranger
- Mail the book to another reader who will repeat the above steps.
- Ideally each person would send their book out by the end of February
- Wait for the your book to be returned to you.
- Flip through book to see the added notes and letters from its travels.
Currently I am thinking that a book will travel between 3-4 people which I’ll do my best to pair up based on preferred reading genre. There will be no time limit for reading or passing a book a long but I’d hope that each person would try to read and mail their book off to the next person in a timely manner.