I have a question for you, are you feeling lucky? Well, are you? If so then have I got the book exchange for you! With St Patrick’s Day coming up I released that there is a missed opportunity for giving things away! And since I’m a bookish sort then why can’t we turn St Patrick’s Day into a day to exchange books. After all, it works in Iceland for the Christmas Holidays. Now, unlike other book exchanges you will get no say in the actual book you get but it should be a book that the person who sends to you loves. Which means there is a little risk involved which is where the idea of luck comes into play.
The book that you get may be something that is out of your wheelhouse but it could be your most favorite book ever if you just give it a chance. So I am asking that all participants actually read they book that they receive and post a review on their blog or Goodreads. You don’t have to like the book, you don’t even have to finish it if you find it to be an absolute train wreck but I do as that you read at least 25% of the book to give it a good solid chance.
I’m also asking that participants send out a book that they really enjoyed and that comes off their bookshelf. I am not asking anyone to buy any books for this exchange but if you do then know that is totally up to you and you may get a gently used book in return. Since we are all lovers of books I am giving the open to receive an ARC, a paperback or a hardcover title and will do my best in order to pair people up accordingly. All books should be in like new condition (ie not ripped, water damaged or falling apart) and include a note on why you loved that book.
To try and prevent sending your partner a book that they already have participants should also check that person’s Goodreads account. But if a duplicate does happen because the participant hasn’t fully updated their Goodreads (as I can be bad at doing) than that’s just a luck of the draw. Perhaps its just fates way of telling you that you really do need to read book x.
The highlight reel:
- Participants agree to exchange a like new book that they love from their shelf.
- Participants should include a note with the exchange and mention what it is about the book that they loved (characters, scenery, plot, etc)
- Recipient will post about the book on their Twitter and/or Instagram when they receive it in the mail using the hasttag #IrishsBookExchange
- Recipent agrees to read and review he book that they receive in the mail
- Sign ups will be open from 23 Feb 2016 to 01 March 2016
- Pairings will go out by 04 March 2016
- Books should be mailed out no later than 11 March 2016 (which means hopefully they’ll arrive by St Patrick’s Day)
- Reviews should be posted within a month of receiving the book so by around 17 April 2016. (Please use the hashtag if you mention your review on Twitter/Instagram)
- A link up will be available on my blog starting around 17 March to share your pictures and reviews
It all sounds simple enough right? If you have any questions please leave a comment otherwise go forth and fill out the form below and may the odds be in your favor!