WWW Wednesdays is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading asks you to answer the following three (3) questions…
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?
What are you currently reading?
Princess of Glass by Jessica Day George (GoodReads). I meant to read this one this week but I got distracted by a grim reaper with a wicked sense of humor and a love of coffee to rival my own. Hopefully I'll be able to get to to this coming week.
What did you recently finish reading?
First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones (Goodreads, Audio, 4 stars). I started this one on a whim and quickly became a fan. The narrator was excellent and I loved the main character, Charlie Davidson. This book had me cracking up left and right and when I got stuck in 2+ hour long stand still traffic coming home from Thanksgiving this story was the only thing that kept me sane.
Second Grave on the Left by Darynda Jones (GoodReads, 4 Stars). Even before I finished the audio of the first book I'd placed this one on hold at the library and lucky me it came in right after I finished book one. I thought about continuing this series on audio but I read much faster and as I couldn't wait to see what happened to Charlie and her friends print was the way to go. I think I liked this one even more than the first and am now desperate for book 3. I'm hoping it comes in before I leave on my trip...but as a back up I've asked my sister to see if her local library has books 3 and 4. Its going to be a sad day when I run out of Charlie Davidson books to read.
Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone (GoodReads, Audio, 3 Stars). I started this one on audio and then finished it in print to be done with it. There was just something about it that didn't connect with me. This was a book that I really wanted to like and yet it just fell a bit flat for me. Gonna have to ponder on my thoughts and see if I can figure out the reason why.
What do you think you'll read next?
I'll probably read something from my List of Twelve...unless I get distracted by something shiny. And lately I've really been distracted by the shiny.
- Classic/Middle Grade^: Ash Mistry and the Savage Palace by Sarwat Chadda
- New Release*: A Million Suns by Beth Revis
- Series: If We Kiss & Kiss Me Again by Rachel Vail - ok I know this is two books but they are both short so they can almost count as one.
- Review Book: What's Left of Me by Kate Zhang
- Backlist**: The Vampire Stalker by Allison VanDiepen
- Review Book: Venom by Fiona Paul
- New Release*: Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne
What did I post about last week?
Thursday - Event Recap: Tiffany Schmidt and AC Gaughen Book Signing