- Why do you write?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- Top 5 pet peeves
- Where do you find inspiration?
- Your favourite comfort foods and why.
- Your favourite summer memorie(s).
- If you could have any job, anywhere in the world, what would it be?
- Your guilty pleasure(s).
- Put your iPod on shuffle, list the first 10 songs that pop up & share why you have them in your music library.
- If you could have one superpower/magical power, what would it be and why?
- 7 interesting facts about you
- Your favourite book(s) and why.
- TV shows you feel were underrated; that you think the world needs to know about.
- How have you changed in the past 3 years?
- Your biggest regret in life.
- If money were no object, list 5 things you’d do.
- List 3 songs that inspire you or are your go-to songs when you need to change your mood.
- Something you miss.
- Stream of consciousness writing. Whatever you want, however long you want, just write as your brain works.
- Comfort food(s).
- What does friendship mean to you?
- Do you think family is defined by blood, or by action?
- What is the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?
- What is one thing you are exceptionally bad at?
- Do you believe in fate?
- What social media outlets do you use and why do you use them?
- Are you scared to follow your dreams?
- Post a photo and have your followers write a short story about said photo. Then publish in Sept!
- Interview someone- parent, spouse, bestie, barista. Don’t just ask regular questions, shake it up!
- Pick something absurd off of Pinterest & write about it.
- Why we decided to do Blogust, what we learned, was it fun & are we going to do this shizz in September?
See…those don’t sound hard, right? Its totally doable…and if you are interested in partaking then you should head over to Cat’s blog and leave here a comment by clicking this handy dandy link right here.
Now. First topic. Day 1…Why do I write?
Well…that’s a tricksy one. Because I don’t write. I used to write poetry up until a few years ago but then that sort of trickled out and I just haven’t been able to get my mojo back there. I’m hoping that by participating in Blogust that I’ll be able to expand my mental juices a little more and incorporate more things into this blog than just book reviews. I’ll still review books as its something that I love to do. But I don’t want my blog to become stagnant or to be just known for one thing and one thing only. I don’t like to be pigeon holed. I don’t know, maybe I should start a new blog of personal things but I think that if I did it would suffer as I wouldn’t check into it as much as I do with this one. So hopefully people don’t mind my branching out…but if so…well…then you can just ignore these non-bookish posts. I’ll still be posting my regular reviews but there will just be a little extra this month. =)
So…since I don’t really write this will be a short first entry as this here experiment in Blog Every Day in August is an experiment to see if I can write something other than book (and the occasional tv/movie) review.